Solving Equations

Hey Everyone,

So this week I wanted to focus on the activities we did as they were a learning tool for myself. The activity with the addition was probably one of my favourites since I understood it the most. When teaching addition and trying to get students to understand the use of number it can be most useful to put things in a tangible form such as the way it was done. Many students are hands on learners like myself. But having a tangible learning tool is the best way for some students to figure out okay so I can only use the numbers 0-9 after plugging it what I am given what numbers do I have left. If I am given the answer I need to find missing variables. If I am given the variables and have to find the answer than I know it must be within the numbers that are left to come up with the answer. I also like the idea of adding more amounts of the same number in order to come up with different variables for answers. By coming up with different variables to plug in it was neat to see how many different numbers you could use to get different answers. Giving the students a sense of competition when it comes to a math game makes it so much more fun for them. It may make them more engaged in the subject in which may not be as interesting for many different students.

Thanks all for now come back and check it out next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rich Task vs Poor Task: How to make math more interesting!

Math IS for EVERYONE!!!!!!